The Attaways

Sunday, October 23, 2011

A Change is Good :)

Hello everyone!  Just letting you know there has been change in our lives lately. Good change that is.  The last time I wrote in our blog, was at the end of May 2011 when we bought our new house.  So here is a summary of everything that has happened since.

Jeff's dad helped us tear up carpet, paint walls, fix anything electrical, install appliances, move furniture, lay floor, and more all in less than a month.  He did so much for us in such a short period of time and we are forever grateful for everything he did.  The rest of Jeff's family helped lay the floor and move the heavy furniture to our house.  My friend, Cassie, and her brother, helped me move the smaller stuff in 6-8 trips.  In her words "we have a lot of stuff"  lol.  Yes we do and I'm in the mood to purge!  Oh, and she helped prime the walls with a tiny brush because I wasn't smart enough at the time to use the roller.

The house received a face lift inside.  The ceiling and every wall was painted.  I tackled the kitchen cabinets and did my best to make them look better than they did.  The bathroom cabinets and a kitchen windowsill still need paint, but I'm saving those projects for the holidays.  Jeff worked so very hard at his job, finishing the school year, packing, making decisions on the house and worrying about not being here to help every second.  He also painted, sanded, helped pull up tacks, lay floor, and anything else that needed to be done.

I would just like to say, I'm a very lucky lady to be married to this wonderful man. :)

So as the new school year started, no full time music positions were open anywhere in the 30 mile area, and I started subbing again.  I do love substitute teaching because it gives me the opportunity to be in other classrooms and to see how teachers organize their rooms and how they run their classrooms.  The only thing I don't enjoy is the low pay but I do enjoy the days I have off to run errands.

I also decided to become a Beachbody Coach....again.  The first time, I was unsure about what it is all about but this time, I know this is what I want to do.  I want to help people lose weight.  I've started the process myself and my goal is to lose 100 pounds.  I know I can because I have the tools and support to do it.  Now I'm looking for others that want to help "End the Trend" to join my team.  So keep your eyes open for my next blog.  An amazing challenge is on the way!  www.michelleattaway.com

Jeff and I have been married for a year and two months now and we love each other more and more everyday.  We are so appreciative of all our family and friends who have helped us along the way before we met and up to today.

We love ya! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment