The Attaways

Thursday, February 24, 2011

My New Obsession

Before I get to "My New Obsession", let's do a little catching up.  First, Happy Belated Valentine's Day!  I had a wonderful day with my hubby. :)  He brought me breakfast in bed (glass of water, a Nature Valley Oat N' Honey bar, and a pink post it with "happy valentine's day" on it). That was so sweet!  I did receive a rose, a Pillow Pet red dog, chocolate, and a little card that he made later in the day.  I subbed and even worked with him that day.  I ran to Wal-Mart after school and picked up the "A-Team" movie, package of Nestle chocolate covered pretzels, and a Lysol automatic soap dispenser just because it was on sale.  The soap dispenser I believe won the prize for the best present ever! I forgot he loved soap dispensers.  My sister got us one as a wedding gift.  We tried to hang it in the shower without using the glue to stick it to the wall because we won't be in the apartment forever.  Unfortunately, the dispenser crashed into the tub one day and the lids broke.  I haven't ordered replacements yet but I will.

We traveled to Hot Springs last week to the All State Band, Choir, and Orchestra clinics and concerts.  This year is the first year I ever listened to the choirs perform.  It was absolutely beautiful!  The main reason we watched is because my best friends' "little" girl was in the mixed choir.  I'm so proud of her!  I remember her coming to concerts as a baby to see her mommy perform in college.  Time flies and I'm so excited to see her future unfold.

Ok, so we are almost to my new obsession.  Hang tight!

About a month ago, my husband decided to check out homes for sale online.  Yahoo had homes listed and he asked if I wanted to run by a few.  I said sure and away we went!  The last one of the day (by the way, snow was still on the ground) was located deep in the woods with a severe driveway.  It reminded me of a roller-coaster.  On the left of the drive was a pond and on top of a hill was this little 2 story house.  It was private, had a bay window, and a deck at the front.  He was in love!!!!!  The pond was gorgeous with a dash of snow on the bank.  No neighbors in sight.  It was heaven...until he contacted a realtor and it was already sold by the next business day.  WHAT!?!?!  Well it began the whole process of checking out other places for us to live.  Apartments are good, but for now we really need more room, less neighbors, and a place to practice.  Today we put a bid in for a HUD home.  I'll tell you more about that when/if we get it.

New Obsession*
Since we decided that we really were going for it...the house I mean, I've been studying up on do it yourself projects.  This house needs cleaning, paint, clean carpet, one day new flooring, an air conditioner, and a few appliances.  I'm learning how to paint cabinets, lay bamboo/hardwood flooring, remove border, paint particle board/laminate, and other handy things.  I'm gonna invest in a staple gun, hot glue gun, and fabric tape for sure.  I'm beyond excited to (hopefully) be moving into a house soon with my hubby.  To get all our belongings from our parents' storage/houses and put it in our house is one of our dreams.  Positive thoughts and volunteers to help us move less than a mile from where we are now is greatly appreciated.

:) happy Friday!!

No comments:

Post a Comment